Boat / Watercraft Insurance
Halifax Boat Insurance
If you own or are thinking of buying a boat to take your family out to enjoy the crystal blue Nova Scotian waters, don’t forget to purchase insurance. You can call us for a quote prior to picking up your new vessel. Marine Insurance not only to protects your investment (i.e. the boat), but it also protects your liability interests should something happen causing property damage or bodily injury to a person or other family.
Accidents Happen On The Water
We don’t want to alarm you – boat ownership is meant to be fun, but accidents can happen.
- You could collide with another boat damaging both vessels, or collide with an object in the water damaging only your own boat.
- You could collide with someone’s dock causing damage to the dock and your own boat.
- You could run into swimmers or surfers in the water causing bodily injury or death.
- If you are unable to shoulder the financial impact of the above types of losses, you need to purchase the right insurance.
Covering Your Boats Out Of The Water
Your Halifax Founders Insurance Broker can advise you on what’s covered under your home policy and when and to what limits, and when additional insurance is required. The additional insurance may just be an add-on to your home insurance, or it may be a marine insurance policy that is separate.
Things To Consider About Boat Insurance
- Which policy covers your boats when it is stored at your home?
- What type of physical damage coverage is provided – is it Replacement Cost? or is it Actual Cash Value that will factor in depreciation to my value?
- Do you use your boat for business activities? If so, check with your Broker to make sure you have the proper coverage. Certain activities may be allowed by your Insurer, but you should obtain approval prior to an incident to avoid any coverage gaps at the time of a claim. You should also know the limitations – at what point, does a certain activity become a commercial marine exposure that needs to be insured on a more comprehensive form?
Founders Insurance: Your Halifax Boat Insurance Expert
Complete the Protection Savings Form right now so we can advise you as to what insurance you need. The process can be as easy as adding a rider to your existing home policy (e.g. when it’s stored at home); certain watercraft are covered for limited amounts and usage – it’s always good to know what you are covered for and what you are not (i.e. exclusions). Make sure to have the right coverage in place before launching into the waters. Being protected prior to an incident could save you, your family and your assets.
At Founders Insurance, our goal is protect you, your boat, your passengers and your family with the Boat Insurance tailored to your needs.
Free Insurance Quote
We Saved a Lot of Money I was very satisfied with the professional and friendly service I received when I came into Founders Insurance Group in Wolfville. We saved a lot of money on our home and auto insurance!
No Regrets I have been with Founders Insurance Group for many years now and found their service and professionalism to be number 1. My broker not only found me the lower price, but also the most coverage for that price. I've passed the word to all of my friends and family and not one of them has ever regretted switching to Founders. I will continue to use Founders Insurance Group for many years to come.
Very Friendly We are very happy with Founders Insurance Group. The local staff is very friendly and they all treated us with respect as they worked toward making sure that we received all the discounts we were eligible for. We recommend Founders Insurance Group to all of our friends.
Sympathetic & Caring My insurance agent's name is Janice Pottie, however, I call her Rockstar. I have been dealing with Janice for almost a year and she has always presented herself in a very friendly and professional manner. In the summer of 2010, I had the misfortune of being involved in 2 car accidents within a 4 week span. It was a very stressful time for me because I'm a newly graduated driver and I'd never been in an accident before. Having Janice to help me through the process was fantastic. She listened to my concerns, answered all my questions, no matter how many or how often. I also found her to be very sympathetic and I knew she cared about the situation I was in and would do whatever she could to help me through it. In my experience dealing with Janice, she has also been very knowledgeable, detailed and quick to give me all the information I need for whatever the situation may be. I feel very confident in recommending Janice Pottie to my friends and family as an insurance agent that you can trust. Thank you so much, Janice, for the service you have provided me. I greatly appreciate it.
A Quick Turnaround Peter was fantastic! I called in a bit of a panic needing insurance on my rental. Being out of the province, I thought things would take a while and be much more difficult. However, with Peter taking care of it, he had everything completed and the insurance active within a couple hours. He was simply amazing. Thank you Founders Insurance for taking this stress off my plate and putting my mind at ease.
DON’T WAIT. Get a quote today!
CALL Us at 902-468-3529