Boat / Watercraft Insurance
Halifax Boat Insurance
If you own or are thinking of buying a boat to take your family out to enjoy the crystal blue Nova Scotian waters, don’t forget to purchase insurance. You can call us for a quote prior to picking up your new vessel. Marine Insurance not only to protects your investment (i.e. the boat), but it also protects your liability interests should something happen causing property damage or bodily injury to a person or other family.
Accidents Happen On The Water
We don’t want to alarm you – boat ownership is meant to be fun, but accidents can happen.
- You could collide with another boat damaging both vessels, or collide with an object in the water damaging only your own boat.
- You could collide with someone’s dock causing damage to the dock and your own boat.
- You could run into swimmers or surfers in the water causing bodily injury or death.
- If you are unable to shoulder the financial impact of the above types of losses, you need to purchase the right insurance.
Covering Your Boats Out Of The Water
Your Halifax Founders Insurance Broker can advise you on what’s covered under your home policy and when and to what limits, and when additional insurance is required. The additional insurance may just be an add-on to your home insurance, or it may be a marine insurance policy that is separate.
Things To Consider About Boat Insurance
- Which policy covers your boats when it is stored at your home?
- What type of physical damage coverage is provided – is it Replacement Cost? or is it Actual Cash Value that will factor in depreciation to my value?
- Do you use your boat for business activities? If so, check with your Broker to make sure you have the proper coverage. Certain activities may be allowed by your Insurer, but you should obtain approval prior to an incident to avoid any coverage gaps at the time of a claim. You should also know the limitations – at what point, does a certain activity become a commercial marine exposure that needs to be insured on a more comprehensive form?
Founders Insurance: Your Halifax Boat Insurance Expert
Complete the Protection Savings Form right now so we can advise you as to what insurance you need. The process can be as easy as adding a rider to your existing home policy (e.g. when it’s stored at home); certain watercraft are covered for limited amounts and usage – it’s always good to know what you are covered for and what you are not (i.e. exclusions). Make sure to have the right coverage in place before launching into the waters. Being protected prior to an incident could save you, your family and your assets.
At Founders Insurance, our goal is protect you, your boat, your passengers and your family with the Boat Insurance tailored to your needs.
Free Insurance Quote
We Saved a Lot of Money I was very satisfied with the professional and friendly service I received when I came into Founders Insurance Group in Wolfville. We saved a lot of money on our home and auto insurance!
Coverage We Need, Rates We Can Afford I went to Founders Insurance in the Lunenburg office 20 years ago at the age of 23 when I bought my first new car. I lived in Bridgewater at the time, but had been told of the great service and reasonable rates in Lunenburg by a few friends. I was not disappointed! I have been dealing with Karen Wardell since that time. I got married, purchased several vehicles, two homes and started a business with my husband in the 20 years after that and Karen has always been there to help us find the balance between having the coverage we need at rates that we can live with. We have had a few accidents along the way and Karen's service has always been consistent, professional and understanding. I live away from Lunenburg now, but have no trouble dealing electronically with the office.
No Regrets I have been with Founders Insurance Group for many years now and found their service and professionalism to be number 1. My broker not only found me the lower price, but also the most coverage for that price. I've passed the word to all of my friends and family and not one of them has ever regretted switching to Founders. I will continue to use Founders Insurance Group for many years to come.
I wanted to put in a good word for Janice who has been absolutely excellent to work with. I had been with another company for many years and was just introduced to Janice via my boyfriend this year. She has been very efficient and knowledgeable! A real pleasure to work with.
Ready To Assist Staff there are always ready to assist me in a most excellent and courteous manner!! I have been doing business with Founders for a long time and see no reason to change. They find me the best rates and I appreciate this quality service from my insurance company.
DON’T WAIT. Get a quote today!
CALL Us at 902-468-3529