Boat / Watercraft Insurance
Halifax Boat Insurance
If you own or are thinking of buying a boat to take your family out to enjoy the crystal blue Nova Scotian waters, don’t forget to purchase insurance. You can call us for a quote prior to picking up your new vessel. Marine Insurance not only to protects your investment (i.e. the boat), but it also protects your liability interests should something happen causing property damage or bodily injury to a person or other family.
Accidents Happen On The Water
We don’t want to alarm you – boat ownership is meant to be fun, but accidents can happen.
- You could collide with another boat damaging both vessels, or collide with an object in the water damaging only your own boat.
- You could collide with someone’s dock causing damage to the dock and your own boat.
- You could run into swimmers or surfers in the water causing bodily injury or death.
- If you are unable to shoulder the financial impact of the above types of losses, you need to purchase the right insurance.
Covering Your Boats Out Of The Water
Your Halifax Founders Insurance Broker can advise you on what’s covered under your home policy and when and to what limits, and when additional insurance is required. The additional insurance may just be an add-on to your home insurance, or it may be a marine insurance policy that is separate.
Things To Consider About Boat Insurance
- Which policy covers your boats when it is stored at your home?
- What type of physical damage coverage is provided – is it Replacement Cost? or is it Actual Cash Value that will factor in depreciation to my value?
- Do you use your boat for business activities? If so, check with your Broker to make sure you have the proper coverage. Certain activities may be allowed by your Insurer, but you should obtain approval prior to an incident to avoid any coverage gaps at the time of a claim. You should also know the limitations – at what point, does a certain activity become a commercial marine exposure that needs to be insured on a more comprehensive form?
Founders Insurance: Your Halifax Boat Insurance Expert
Complete the Protection Savings Form right now so we can advise you as to what insurance you need. The process can be as easy as adding a rider to your existing home policy (e.g. when it’s stored at home); certain watercraft are covered for limited amounts and usage – it’s always good to know what you are covered for and what you are not (i.e. exclusions). Make sure to have the right coverage in place before launching into the waters. Being protected prior to an incident could save you, your family and your assets.
At Founders Insurance, our goal is protect you, your boat, your passengers and your family with the Boat Insurance tailored to your needs.
Free Insurance Quote
Very Pleased Janice Pottie was extremely helpful in finding a better rate for both our home and boat insurance, and I am very pleased with how quickly she was able to obtain the quotes and make the arrangements with the new insurance companies.
No Regrets I have been with Founders Insurance Group for many years now and found their service and professionalism to be number 1. My broker not only found me the lower price, but also the most coverage for that price. I've passed the word to all of my friends and family and not one of them has ever regretted switching to Founders. I will continue to use Founders Insurance Group for many years to come.
We Saved a Lot of Money I was very satisfied with the professional and friendly service I received when I came into Founders Insurance Group in Wolfville. We saved a lot of money on our home and auto insurance!
Ready To Assist Staff there are always ready to assist me in a most excellent and courteous manner!! I have been doing business with Founders for a long time and see no reason to change. They find me the best rates and I appreciate this quality service from my insurance company.
WRASCIALLY WABBIT?!? We have been with founders for 17years! Recently we were driving on the Highway when a Rabbit yes a Rabbit literally jumped out in front of our Newer Sante Fe and jumped right at our Vehicle!!! We thought wow bet that will leave a mark. When we got to our destination you can imagine our shock when part of the rabbit was still in our bumper!! I called Janice Pottie whom I have dealt with for years and she advised us quickly on what to do and we called the 1800 number to report it. Janice has always been so great with us, its like I have known her for years and have never met her in person. Liam was great to deal with and followed up to make sure we were happy with the work done, the rental etc. Who would have known a "WRASCIALLY WABBIT" could cause so much damage!!! Thanks again.
DON’T WAIT. Get a quote today!
CALL Us at 902-468-3529